Million people can be reached in 12 hours
EDA Searching for Executive Assistant
8 Sep 2021
Executive Assistant Job Description
The Executive Assistant is a salaried position of the McMinn County Economic Development Authority (EDA) that works under the direction of the Executive Director. This professional position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently. Knowledge of and adherence to the EDA’s policies and procedures is required. Occasional travel is required of the Executive Assistant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other responsibilities may be requested or added by the Executive Director as needs arise.
- Typical office tasks such as greeting guests and answering phones and e-mail and providing direction.
- Scheduling – meetings and travel for Executive Directors when requested, Executive Committee meetings, Board of Directors meetings, Industrial Development Board meetings. Advertising of required public meetings, when required.
- Record minutes of the meetings of the above listed boards and committees.
- Order and set up meals for meetings.
- Bookkeeping duties to include accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll, and coordination of annual financial audits of the EDA and IDB.
- Understanding of fiscal budget and monitoring of revenues and expenditures.
- Assist Executive Director with grant writing and administration of grant funds.
- Assist Executive Director with coordination and implementation of workforce development programs.
- Development of marketing materials for properties, community, and EDA programs.
- Manage website and social media marketing messages.
- Assist Executive Director with prospect proposals, coordination of prospect visits, and delivery of presentations during visits.
- Represents the Director by attending meetings and events in the executive’s absence and speaking for the Director when needed.
- Maintains prospect confidence and protects proprietary information by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending professional development workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Prepares reports at the direction of the Executive Director by collecting and analyzing information.
- Assists Executive Director with membership recruitment and retention.
- Assist Executive Director with other tasks as requested.
Executive Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Supply management
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Organization skills
- Time management skills
- Presentation skills
- Office equipment maintenance
- Travel logistics
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Three to five years of administrative experience
Job description is subject to change at the direction of the Executive Director.